Welcome to Lake Forest
Lake Forest, Illinois is a beautiful and affluent community located in Lake County, about 30 miles north of Chicago. The city is known for its stunning natural beauty, historic architecture, and top-rated schools.
Real Estate Market:
Lake Forest is a highly sought-after community with a strong real estate market. The median home value in Lake Forest is $1.1 million, and the average listing price is $1.5 million. The city offers a mix of historic homes, modern estates, and luxury condos. The real estate market is competitive, and homes tend to sell quickly.
Lake Forest is known for its stunning natural beauty, with over 17 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline and more than 700 acres of parks and open spaces. The city is home to several historic landmarks, including the Gorton Community Center, the Deer Path Inn, and the Market Square Historic District. The city also offers plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options, including the Lake Forest Book Store, the Lake Forest Symphony, and the Lake Forest Recreation Center.
Lake Forest offers a wide range of community amenities, including several parks and beaches, a golf course, a community center, and a library. Residents can enjoy activities like hiking, biking, swimming, and boating. The city also hosts several community events throughout the year, including the Lake Forest Festival & Fireworks, the Lake Forest Open Air Market, and the Lake Forest Christmas Walk.
Lake Forest is home to several top-rated schools, including Lake Forest High School, which is consistently ranked as one of the best high schools in Illinois. The city also has several highly rated elementary and middle schools, including Cherokee Elementary School, Everett Elementary School, and Deer Path Middle School.
Things to do in Lake Forest
- Visit the Lake Forest Beach: Enjoy a day at the beach, swimming, sunbathing, and exploring the beautiful shoreline of Lake Michigan.
- Explore the Lake Forest Open Lands: Take a hike or bike ride through the beautiful natural areas and scenic trails of the Lake Forest Open Lands.
- Visit the Lake Forest Library: Check out the latest books, attend a reading, or participate in a workshop at the Lake Forest Library.
- Tour the Historic Homes: Take a tour of the historic homes in Lake Forest, including the Gorton Community Center and the Deer Path Inn.
- Visit the Wildlife Discovery Center: Explore the interactive exhibits and meet the animals at the Wildlife Discovery Center.
- Play Golf: Play a round of golf at one of the many golf courses in Lake Forest, including the Lake Forest Country Club and the Deerpath Golf Course.
- Visit the Ragdale Foundation: Take a tour of the Ragdale Foundation, a historic artist's retreat that has hosted many famous writers and artists over the years.
- Shop and Dine: Enjoy shopping and dining in the charming downtown area of Lake Forest, which features a variety of boutiques, restaurants, and cafes.
Local Resources Websites:
Looking to buy or sell real estate in Lake Forest? Let our team of real estate specialists help you find your dream home or negotiate the sale of your current Lake Forest house. As experts in Lake Forest neighborhood real estate, we understand the unique dynamics of the local market. Let's work together to negotiate your next home purchase or sale today!
Contact ERA Naper Realty | Distinctive Properties/ Misher Homes Team today to learn more about our buyer or seller representation services. ( contact Link) Planning to sell your Lake Forest home soon? Take advantage of our free home assessment tool to instantly calculate your property's estimated market value! (Link)