Welcome to Inverness
Located in Cook County, Iverness is a beautiful village in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Known for its natural beauty, rolling hills, and wooded areas, Iverness is a great place to call home for those who enjoy a peaceful and serene lifestyle. The village is home to approximately 7,000 residents and covers an area of 6.8 square miles.
Real Estate Market:
Iverness is known for its upscale homes and estates, with a median home value of $700,000. The real estate market in Iverness is competitive, with homes selling quickly due to the high demand. The village offers a mix of architectural styles, including Colonial, Tudor, and Contemporary. The village is known for its large lots, with many homes sitting on more than an acre of land.
Iverness is surrounded by natural beauty, with many parks, forest preserves, and lakes in the area. The village is home to the Iverness Golf Club, a private 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Bruce Harris. The club also features a pool, tennis courts, and a clubhouse. The village is also home to the Iverness Park District, which offers a variety of recreational activities for all ages.
Iverness offers a variety of amenities to its residents, including a community center, library, and police department. The village also has a strong sense of community, with many events and activities throughout the year, including a farmers market, holiday events, and summer concerts in the park.
Iverness is part of the Barrington Community Unit School District 220, which is known for its high-quality education. The district includes eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. The district has a strong focus on academics, with many students going on to attend top universities.
Things to do in Iverness
- Visit the Deer Grove Forest Preserve for hiking, biking, and nature walks.
- Explore the Inverness Golf Club, which is one of the top golf courses in the area.
- Take a stroll through the historic downtown area and visit the local shops and restaurants.
- Visit the Crabtree Nature Center for birdwatching, nature exhibits, and educational programs.
- Attend a concert or performance at the Raue Center for the Arts.
- Go fishing or boating on the Fox River or the nearby Chain O'Lakes.
- Visit the Arlington Park Racetrack for horse racing and other events.
- Take a day trip to nearby attractions such as Six Flags Great America or the Brookfield Zoo.
- Attend a festival or event such as the Inverness Art Festival or the Palatine Street Fest.
- Visit the nearby Mitsuwa Marketplace for a unique shopping and dining experience.
Local Resources Websites:
Looking to buy or sell real estate in Inverness? Let our team of real estate specialists help you find your dream home or negotiate the sale of your current Inverness house. As experts in Inverness neighborhood real estate, we understand the unique dynamics of the local market. Let's work together to negotiate your next home purchase or sale today!
Contact ERA Naper Realty | Distinctive Properties/ Misher Homes Team today to learn more about our buyer or seller representation services. ( contact Link) Planning to sell your Inverness home soon? Take advantage of our free home assessment tool to instantly calculate your property's estimated market value! (Link)